1) Since 1973, there have been over 53 million abortions in the United States alone
To put that in perspective, that’s an average of about 1.3 million a year, about 108,000 a month, and over 3,500 per day. [Source]
2) Since 1971, there have been 336 million abortions in China alone
3) According to one estimate, since 1973, there have been 1.72 billion (1,720,000,000) abortions worldwide
4) By age 45, about 30% of U.S. women will have had at least one abortion
5) 42% of U.S. women who have abortions have incomes below the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children)
Another 27% of U.S. women who have abortions have incomes between 100% and 199% of the federal poverty level. Together, that means that 69% of U.S. women who have abortions have incomes below twice the federal poverty level. [Source]
6) 51% of U.S. women who have abortions were using a contraceptive method in the month they got pregnant
7) Minority women in the U.S. are over-represented in getting abortions
Black women have 30% of the abortions in the U.S., even though blacks make up 12.6% of the population. Hispanic women have 25% of abortions, even though hispanics make up 16.4% of the population. [Source]
8) 45% of abortions in the U.S. are obtained by women who have never been married and are not cohabiting
9) 57% of abortions in the U.S. are obtained by women between the ages of 20 and 29
10) 17.4% of abortions in the U.S. are obtained by teenagers
15-17 year olds obtain 6% of abortions, 18-19 year olds 11%, and teens younger than 15 obtain 0.4%. [Source]
11) 66% of all abortions occur after 7 weeks
12) 37% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. identify as Protestant, and 28% identify as Catholic
Pray to end abortion!
Do you love ChurchPOP?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.