J.R.R. Tolkien is the author of the massively popular Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit. Everyone knows that. He needs no introduction.
Though he died several decades ago, it can be fun to see the man behind the books. Here are a few recordings, both video and audio, of the great English author.
1) On The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
He has quite the accent, so good luck understanding what he’s saying…
2) BBC special
– At 2:47, he explains how he got the idea for The Hobbit
– At 3:34, he explains how he intentionally set out to write a long narrative for the Lord of the Rings trilogy
– At 5:18, you can see him walking around outside and talking about his writing
– At 7:20, he talks about his inspiration for Ents
– At 12:15, he says that writing is so tied to his smoking habit that he can’t write without smoking
– At 2:24, he talks about his perspective on the U.S.A.
– At 4:03, he talks about the languages he invented for his books
3) Reads the “One Ring” poem
4) Reads a poem in Elvish
Do you love Churchpop?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
Como parte de este servicio gratuito, podría recibir ocasionalmente ofertas de EWTN News y EWTN. Nunca alquilaremos o venderemos su información y usted se puede desuscribir en cualquier momento.