December 14 is the feast of St. John of the Cross, a Spanish mystic, Carmelite friar, and priest. Here’s 10 quotes from him that are sure to inspire you on your path to holiness! Enjoy!
1) “Strive to preserve your heart in peace; let no event of this world disturb it.”
2) “The endurance of darkness is the preparation for great light.”
3) “Contemplation is nothing else but a secret, peaceful, and loving infusion of God, which if admitted, will set the soul on fire with the Spirit of love.”
4) “In tribulation immediately draw near to God with confidence, and you will receive strength, enlightenment, and instruction.”
5) “Take God for your spouse and friend and walk with him continually, and you will not sin and will learn to love, and the things you must do will work out prosperously for you.”
6) “It is great wisdom to know how to be silent and to look at neither the remarks, nor the deeds, nor the lives of others.”
7) “To saints, their very slumber is a prayer.”
8) “In the evening of life, we will be judged on love alone.”
9) “If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark.”
10) “Love consists not in feeling great things but in having great detachment and in suffering for the Beloved.”
Do you love ChurchPOP?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.