June 26 is the feast of St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, a Spanish priest and the founder of the Opus Dei.
Through the mission of Opus Dei, St. Josemaría Escrivá taught that holiness consists in ordinary daily life.
“Opus Dei stresses people’s responsibility to seek holiness and to lead others to holiness in all the normal circumstances of life, rather than creating special ways of living the faith,” the website states.
St. John Paul II canonized this incredible saint in 2002.
Here’s 10 invigorating St. Josemaría Escrivá quotes to help navigate your daily way to holiness:
1) “You’re bored? That’s because you keep your senses awake and your soul asleep.”
2) “Let us work. Let us work a lot and work well, without forgetting that prayer is our best weapon. That is why I will never tire of repeating that we have to be contemplative souls in the middle of the world, who try to convert their work into prayer.”
3) “To reform. Every day a little. This has to be your constant task if you really want to become a saint.”
4) “Place on your desk, in your room, in your wallet…a picture of Our Lady, and look at it when you begin your work, while you are doing it, and when you finish it. She will obtain, I assure you!, the strength for you to turn your task into a loving dialogue with God.”
5) “If you have so many defects, why are you surprised to find defects in others?”
6) “Our Lord is calling us to sanctify the ordinary tasks of every day, for the perfection of the Christian is to be found precisely there.”
7) “The Holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you will be amazed at the results.”
8) “Don’t judge without having heard both sides. Even persons who think themselves virtuous very easily forget this elementary rule of prudence.”
9) “Compromise is a word found only in the vocabulary of those who have no will to fight.”
10) “Sadness and uneasiness grow in proportion to the time you waste. — When you feel a holy impatience to use every minute, you will be filled with joy and peace, because you will not be thinking about yourself.”
St. Josemaría Escrivá, please pray for us! 🙏
Do you love ChurchPOP?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.