St. Therese of Lisieux was a beautiful, simple soul!
Pope Pius X considered her “the greatest saint of modern times.” She is also known as “The Little Flower,” St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus, and “The Little Flower of Jesus.”
St. Therese is the patron saint of missionaries, florists, pilots, and priests. She was only 24 when she died. Her feast day is Oct. 1.
Below are several quotes and photos of this amazing saint!
Here are 24 inspiring St. Therese quotes, honoring her 24 years on earth:
1) “True happiness on earth consists in being forgotten and in remaining completely ignorant of created things. I understood that all we accomplish, however brilliant, is worth nothing without love.”
2) “One word or a pleasing smile is often enough to raise up a saddened and wounded soul.”
3) “Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you – for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart…don’t listen to the demon, laugh at him, and go without fear to receive the Jesus of peace and love…”
4) “…The smallest joy is a surprise when one expects nothing but pure suffering, and the very suffering becomes supreme joy when sought as a priceless treasure.”
5) “I want to suffer and even rejoice for love, for this is my way of scattering flowers. Never a flower shall I find but its petals shall be scattered for you; and all the while I will sing, yes always sing, even when gathering my roses in the midst of thorns; and the longer and sharper the thorns may be, the sweeter shall be my song.”
6) “For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look toward heaven; it is a cry of recognition and love; embracing both trial and joy.”
7) “I feel my mission is soon to begin, to make others love God as I do, to teach others my ‘little way.’ I will spend my Heaven in doing good upon earth.”
8) “It is better to leave each one in his own opinion than to enter into arguments.”
9) “If I did not suffer simply from moment to moment, I would find it impossible to be patient, but I look only at the present, forget the past and am careful never to anticipate the future. When we surrender to discouragement or despair it is usually because we are thinking too much of the past or the future.”
10) “A soul in a state of grace has nothing to fear of demons who are cowards.”
11) “Why fear to offer yourself as a victim of merciful love to God? You might have reason to fear if it were to His divine justice, but the merciful love will have pity on your weaknesses and treat you tenderly.”
12) “Receive Communion often, very often…there you have the sole remedy, if you want to be cured. Jesus has not put this attraction in your heart for nothing…”
13) “Our Lord poured in the light of truth, which shines far brighter than the shadowy light of earthly pleasures. I would not exchange the ten minutes spent upon my act of charity for a thousand years of such worldly delights.”
14) “Holiness consists simply in doing God’s will, and being just what God wants us to be.”
15) “True charity consists in bearing all our neighbor’s defects–not being surprised at their weakness, but edified at their smallest virtues.”
16) “Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, thereby a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.”
17) “My whole strength lies in prayer and sacrifice, these are my invincible arms; they can move hearts far better than words.”
18) “Sufferings gladly borne for others convert more people than sermons.”
19) “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.”
20) “The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”
21) When I die, I will send down a shower of roses from the heavens; I will spend my heaven doing good upon earth.”
22) “Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be and becoming that person.”
23) He guides and inspires me every moment of the day. Just when I need it, a new light shines on my problems.
24) “I am so happy, my dear Star, to fall little and frail in your presence, and my heart remains at peace. I know that all the Eagles in Your heavenly court look compassionately down on me, protecting and defending me, putting to flight the demon vultures who seek to prey on me. So I am not at all afraid of them; I am not destined to be their prey, but that of the Divine Eagle.”
Do you love ChurchPOP?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.