Pope St. Pius X is such an inspiration for Catholics!
Born into a poor Italian family and one of 10 children, this first pope of the 20th century is most well-known for his liturgical and canonical reforms. Through his 11 year papacy, (1903-1914) he held the motto, Instaurare Omnia in Christo, or “Restore all Things in Christ.”
Pope St. Pius X changed first Holy Communion to an earlier age (seven), encouraged frequent reception of the Eucharist, and held a strong devotion to Our lady.
He was also an advocate against the modernistic theology, encouraged laypeople to read the Bible, restored the Gregorian chant, “revised the Breviary, reorganized the curia, and initiated the codification of canon law.”
Pope Pius XII canonized Pope St. Pius X in 1958.
Here’s 10 Pope St. Pius X Quotes to help you crush Satan’s head in your life:
1) “Where is the road which leads us to Jesus Christ? It is before our eyes: it is the Church. It is our duty to recall to everyone, great and small, the absolute necessity we are under to have recourse to this Church in order to work out our eternal salvation.”
2) “I was born poor, I have lived in poverty, and I wish to die poor.”
3) “All the strength of Satan’s reign is due to the easygoing weakness of Catholics.”
4) “The Rosary is the most beautiful and the most rich in graces of all prayers, it is the prayer that touches most the Heart of the Mother of God … and if you wish peace to reign in your homes, recite the family Rosary.”
5) “Holy Communion is the shortest and safest way to Heaven.”
6) “Without any doubt there is a desire in all hearts for peace. But how foolish is he who seeks this peace apart from God; for if God be driven out, justice is banished, and once justice fails, all hope of peace is lost.”
7) “It is necessary that children be nourished by Christ before they are dominated by their passions, so they can with greater courage resist the assaults of the devil, of the flesh, and their other enemies, whether internal or external.”
8) “Truly we are passing through disastrous times, when we may well make our own the lamentation of the Prophet: ‘There is no truth, and there is no mercy, and there is no knowledge of God in the land’ (Hosea 4:1).
“Yet in the midst of this tide of evil, the Virgin Most Merciful rises before our eyes like a rainbow, as the arbiter of peace between God and man.”
9) “The greatest obstacle in the apostolate of the Church is the timidity, or rather the cowardice, of the faithful.”
10) “Let the storm rage and the sky darken – not for that shall we be dismayed. If we trust as we should in Mary, we shall recognize in her, the Virgin Most Powerful ‘who with virginal foot did crush the head of the serpent.'”
Pope St. Pius X, pray for us!
[See also: 13 Saint Quotes that Reveal the Supernatural Power of the Rosary]
[See also: The Controversy of the First Photographs Ever Taken of a Pope]