The Mass is the greatest worship that Christians can offer to God!
1) “When Mass is being celebrated, the sanctuary is filled with countless angels who adore the Divine Victim immolated on the altar.” – St. John Chrysostom
2) “If we really understood the Mass, we would die of joy.” – St. Jean Vianney
3) “The angels surround and help the priest when he is celebrating Mass.” – St. Augustine
4) “It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do without Holy Mass.” – St. Padre Pio
5) “The Holy Mass would be of greater profit if people had it offered in their lifetime, rather than having it celebrated for the relief of their souls after death.” – Pope Benedict XV
6) “Put all the good works in the world against one Holy Mass; they will be as a grain of sand beside a mountain.” – St. John Vianney
7) “Let the entire man be seized with fear; let the whole world tremble; let heaven exult when Christ, the Son of the Living God, is on the altar in the hands of the priest. O admirable height and stupendous condescension! O humble sublimity! O sublime humility! that the Lord of the universe, God and the Son of God, so humbles Himself that for our salvation He hides Himself under a morsel of bread.” – St. Francis of Assisi
8) “No human tongue can enumerate the favors that trace back to the Sacrifice of the Mass. The sinner is reconciled with God; the just man becomes more upright; sins are wiped away; vices are uprooted; virtue and merit increases; and the devil’s schemes are frustrated.” – St. Lawrence Justinian
9) “Know, O Christian, that the Mass is the holiest act of religion. You cannot do anything to glorify God more, nor profit your soul more, than by devoutly assisting at it, and assisting as often as possible.” – St. Peter Julian Eymard
10) “The heavens open and multitudes of angels come to assist in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.” – St. Gregory the Great
11) “How happy is that guardian angel who accompanies a soul to Holy Mass!” – St. John Vianney
12) “When we receive Holy Communion, we experience something extraordinary – a joy, a fragrance, a well being that thrills the whole body and causes it to exalt.” – St. John Vianney
13) “I believe that were it not for the Holy Mass, as of this moment the world would be in the abyss.” St. Leonard of Port Maurice
Thank God for the gift of Jesus in the Eucharist!
[See also: 5 Saints Who Had Terrifying Visions of Hell]
Do you love ChurchPOP?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.