Happy Birthday, Pope Benedict XVI! 🥳🥳🥳
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI turns 94 years old on April 16. In his honor, let’s look at some of his most uplifting words.
Here’s 15 quotes in honor of Pope Benedict’s 94th Birthday:
1) “The world promises you comfort, but you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness.”
2) “The cross reminds us that there is no true love without suffering, there is no gift of life without pain.”
3) “If you follow the will of God, you know that in spite of all the terrible things that happen to you, you will never lose a final refuge. You know that the foundation of the world is love, so that even when no human being can or will help you, you may go on, trusting in the One that loves you.”
4) “Mercy is what moves us toward God, while justice makes us tremble in his sight.”
5) “Make sure that every person, of whatever background, can find in you a welcoming heart.”
6) “The church is not a political power; it’s not a party, but it’s a moral power.”
7) “Dear friends, may no adversity paralyze you. Be afraid neither of the world, nor of the future, nor of your weakness. The Lord has allowed you to live in this moment of history so that, by your faith, his name will continue to resound throughout the world.”
8) “If we allow the love of Christ to change our heart, then we can change the world. This is the secret of authentic happiness.”
9) “Do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away, and he gives you everything. When we give ourselves to him, we receive a hundredfold in return. Yes, open, open wide the doors to Christ – and you will find true life.”
10) “The happiness you are seeking, the happiness you have a right to enjoy has a name and a face: it is Jesus of Nazareth, hidden in the Eucharist.”
11) “We can fall, but in the end we fall into God’s hands, and God’s hands are good hands.”
12) “Truth is not determined by a majority vote.”
13) “True friends challenge us and help us to be faithful on our journey.”
14) “God is not distant: he is ‘Emmanuel,’ God-with-us. He is no stranger: he has a face, the face of Jesus.”
15) “In our heart, in the heart of each of you, let there be always the joyous certainty that the Lord is near, that he does not abandon us, that he is near to us, and that he surrounds us with his love.”
Say a prayer for Pope Benedict XVI!
Do you love ChurchPOP?
Get our inspiring content delivered to your inbox - FREE!
As part of this free service you may receive occasional offers from us at EWTN News and EWTN. We won't rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.